How to establish VPN connection from macOS to Vigor Router via L2TP over IPSec?
This article is the explanation for how to establish VPN connection from MAC OS to Vigor router via L2TP over IPSec. The article will be separated into two parts, first is the setting of Vigor router, and the second is the setting on the MAC OS.
(For connecting to Vigor3900 or Vigor2960, please refer to the article here.)
Set Up Vigor Router
1. Go to VPN and Remote Access >> IPsec General Setup, enter and confirm the Pre-Shared Key, then click OK.
2. Go to VPN and Remote Access >> Remote Dial-in User, click an empty index.
3. Create account
- Enable this account,
- Enable L2TP with IPSec for Allowed Dial-in Type, and select Must for the Policy,
- enter User Name and Password,
- click OK to save.
Note: Checking the boxes of other connection types such as PPTP, IPSec Tunnel will allow user to establish other types of VPN connection.
Establish VPN Connection on MAC OS
1. Go to System Preferences >> Network
2. Click + to add a new network setting
Edit the profile as follows:
- Select VPN for interface
- Select L2TP over IPSec for VPN type
- Enter the Service Name
- Click Create.
3. Enter Server Address and Account Name, then click Authentication Settings.
Enter Password, enter the pre-shared key which set before in the field of Shared Secret, then click OK.
4. Click Apply, then click Connect.
Wait for VPN connection establishing.
When seeing this status, you are connecting to the VPN server successfully.
Note: We can use Terminal to verify the connection by ping the VPN remote gateway IP.
Or, on the web page of Vigor router, VPN and Remote Access >> Connection Management, the VPN connection status will be listed here.
Quý Khách cần hỗ trợ kỹ thuật và giải pháp, vui lòng liên hệ
- Văn phòng TPHCM (028) 3925 3789
- Chi nhánh miền Bắc (024) 3781 5089
- Chi nhánh miền Trung (0236) 367 9515
- Hotline Hỗ Trợ Kỹ Thuật: 1900 633 641