How to use Smart VPN Client to generate OTP and dial VPN with mOTP?
Generate a Secret on Smart VPN Client
1. Run Smart VPN client, and click Insert to add a new profile.
2. Enable mobile One-Time Password and click on mOTP Settings.
3. In mOTP Settings, select SmartVPN Build-in OTP Generator and click Generate. It will automatically generate a 32 hexadecimal number as secret. Copy these numbers for VPN profiles setup on the VPN server.
VPN Server Setup
4. Create a remote dial-in user profile with the generated secret. Go to VPN and Remote Access>> Remote Dial-in User, click on an index number to add/edit a profile,
- Enable this account
- Enter Username
- Enable Mobile One-Time Password
- Enter 4 to 7 decimal numbers for PIN Code
- Enter the numbers copied from Step 3 in Secret.
- Select Allowed Dial-in Type
- Click OK to save
5. Go to VPN and Remote Access >> Remote Access Control to make sure the VPN Service are enabled.
6. Since the generation of mOTP based on the current time, please go to System Maintenance >>Time and Date to make sure the time settings on VPN server is synchronized with VPN clients.
VPN Client Connecting
7. On VPN clients, use the same profile as Step1:
- Enter VPN Server IP/Host name as the VPN server's WAN IP
- Enter the user name as the one set in Step 4.
- Click OK to save the profile
8. Click Connect on Smart VPN Client to establish the VPN tunnel. Enter the PIN code set in Step 4 and click OK. If all the credentials are correct, the VPN will be established.
9. From VPN and Remote Access >> Connection Management, Administrator may check the VPN clients that has connected.
Quý Khách cần hỗ trợ kỹ thuật và giải pháp, vui lòng liên hệ
- Văn phòng TPHCM (028) 3925 3789
- Chi nhánh miền Bắc (024) 3781 5089
- Chi nhánh miền Trung (0236) 367 9515
- Hotline Hỗ Trợ Kỹ Thuật: 1900 633 641